Tuesday, August 11, 2026

A Second Patriotic Quilt?

After finishing my Patriotic Quilt, I realized that I had enough fabrics left over to make another one!  I guess that I get carried away when buying fabrics to be sure that I have enough - ha ha.  Anyone else have this problem?  

I wanted to design something easy that showcases these beautiful fabrics.  So I cut some 5 1/2 in squares and added a 2 in sashing between them.  Here is the first layout on my design board, making sure that I don't repeat one of the colors next to each other.

Once I was happy with that, I decided to stagger the blocks in each row to give it some visual interest.  I had to add a half block on the end of every other row to complete the look.  

I started to sew the rows together.  I have 7 full squares across and 9 rows down.  I'm going to add a column of sashing (2 1/4 in) on the two sides of the quilt to make it a little wider. 

While I haven't finished it yet, it's all ready to be layered with the background and quilted.  Hopefully sometime soon!  :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment