Friday, October 9, 2026

Quilted Pumpkin Name Tage and Bowl Fillers

Every month at my quilt group meeting, we have a name tag drawing.  If you are wearing a hand-sewn name tag, you can put your name in for the drawing.  It's usually a gift certificate to a local quilt shop.

In a perfect world, I would like to have a name tag that will coordinate with my outfits or with each season.  So last week I made the time to whip up a new tag with pumpkins on it for the October meeting.  The orange strips are 1.25" wide and I added a corner square to make the strips into a pumpkin.  I embroidered my name using my sewing machine and added the bow and buttons when it was done.  

At my quilt group, everyone commented on my tag.  I just love it and now I want to make a different one for next month's meeting.  Maybe a patchwork acorn for November?

After making my new name tag, I made three more pumpkins from the strips that I had sewn together.  I turned them into bowl fillers for fall.  You can set them on a shelf or put them in a basket or bowl for decor.  

After I finished the pumpkins, I made some key fobs to match for fall.  Don't you just love them?  I do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment