Saturday, September 14, 2024

The Grassy Grove

This week I took out the set, Grassy Grove and made some fun cards with it.  For my first card, I used the cut out as the front of the card.  The designer papers are placed on the inside and the deer are peeking through.  I got the idea for this card from Sherry Roth.  She has a video on how to do the inside of the card.  You can watch it here if you'd like to learn more.  

All of the ladies (including me) loved making this card.  I used Winter Meadows papers for my cards this week.  

I got the idea for this next card from Brian King.  I cut out part of the die cut image using a circle and then added the scalloped background to it.  This really give the dies a lot more versatility!  I stamped a moon and stars to make it look like night time and added a small silver deer.  

This paper with the trees is one of my favorites!  It's great for outside, wintry and scenery cards.  Alhouth this card is pretty simple, I just love the look of it.  

For my third card in this series, we sponged some Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron inks onto a white background paper using a rectangular mask.  Then I added the grass, trees and birds in the sky.  I used sayings from the Hills of Tuscany stamp set because I liked the sweet sayings and font.

After I stamped the saying, I ran the piece through the emboss machine using the Subtle folder.  Then I added it to a blank scalloped rectangle, and added the two deer.  This idea was from Diane Vander Galien.  

After playing around with the Grassy Grove set, I decided that it can be used in so many different ways. You may even see the deer family again in a Christmas card.  :)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment