Saturday, September 14, 2024

Woodland Grocery Tote Bag

My quilt guild meets for the months Sept to June.  Six of those months are in-person meetings and I make a homemade project to be raffled off for each of those months.  This year for September I made another Grocery/Tote bag using a woodland print that I got at Joann's.  I love the forest animals and the soft colors in the print.  

I used indoor-outdoor fabrics and put a piece of fleece between the top fabric and the linings.  This makes the bag a bit stiffer so that it can stand up, but not too think so that you can fold it.

I made the front and lining pieces and quilted them together and then assembled.  I use a zig-zag overcast stitch to cover the edges of the seams and to finish them off inside the bag.

The handles have webbing in them to keep them sturdy through a lot of use.  

The large buttons are from Stampin Up from a few years back.  They make a great embellishment to the front of the bag.  

When I was making this bag, I cut out for two bags, but haven't finished the second one yet.  I want to make another one for myself.  :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment