Saturday, May 4, 2024

Bookmarks for the Psalms

During my weekly Bible study group at church, we are studying the Psalms of Ascent, 15 psalms that the Jewish pilgrims would sing on their way to Jerusalem.  I wanted to make a little something for each of them to put in their Bible to mark the psalms.

I remembered the adventure paper that Stampin Up had last year called Enjoy the Journey and thought that would work for the bookmarks.  Some white bookmarks that I had stored in my craft room worked so well for my project.

First I cut up the designer paper into strips, glued them onto the white blank background, then embossed the sayings with black embossing powder.  The stamp set, Greatest Journey, was just perfect for the look that I was going for.  In the psalms, the pilgrims look to see the mountains around Jerusalem.  Although the mountains are not quite this tall there, the papers and sayings worked.

To each bookmark I added a silver moon and some stars, then punched a hole in the top and added some twine.  And guess what?  They were a hit with the ladies.  I even kept one for myself.  :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment