Saturday, May 18, 2024

Fishy Cards

This week I needed to make some masculine cards, so I took out the Let's Go Fishing designer papers to work with.  I just love the little fish images that are on one of the papers.  I fussy cut them out and they coordinate so well with the remaining papers.  

For this card, I used a saying from Picture Perfect Birthday.  I love this saying because you can use it for any reason  - birthday, Father's Day or graduation.  I thought the card needed something to put behind the saying, so I used a net from Under the Sea dies cut from a piece of light coral designer paper.  Perfect, right?  

Then I added a little sprig and couple of embellishments to finish off the card.  

This second card uses the Pebbled Path colored papers from the Let's Go Fishing set.  I just loved the netting, so I put some on this card, too, along with more cut-out fish.  

Under the Sea dies had some sea grass cut outs, so I put those on my card, too.  The fish have some Wink of Stella added to their fins for a little bit of sparkle.  The saying is from Wildlife Wonder and this can also be used for many different occasions.


My third card is made using Pecan Pie cardstock with a piece of designer paper that I cut about an inch from the edge.  Then I flipped it over to give the left side of the card a bit of interest.  It's hard to tell in the photo, but I "hung" a couple of fish on some twine and then stamped Happy Father's Day into the circle.  The moss sprig is from Under the Sea.  

I had so much fun making these masculine cards.  The only stamping was for the sayings along with a bit of a grunge for the backgrounds.  Now I wish that I had ordered more of this fishy paper before it retired!

What sets do you like to use for your masculine cards?


No comments:

Post a Comment