Saturday, May 4, 2024

Trip to the Vintage Market

Last weekend I some of my friends and I went to the Vintage Market in Rutland, VT.  I'm always on the lookout for old quilts that are reasonable priced so that I can cut them up and make things out of them.  :)

I found a tattered old quilt and a jar of vintage buttons for my treasure hunting.  Yesterday I cut up parts of the quilt and make some vintage hearts out of it.  I used the vintage buttons on them and two items paired nicely together.  

This week I'm going to put them into the Opportunity Raffle at my quilt guild meeting.  I think the ladies will love them.  They can be used as bowl fillers for decor or for actual pin cushions in their sewing room.  I added a couple of sweater hearts to the basket.  

We had a fun day looking at treasures and meeting new people.  (I'm the second one on the left, wearing the green coat)  It was a cool day, but warm enough to sit out in the sun at lunch time.  

There were some new vendors this year and it's always fun to see the different crafts that each person makes.  

It's fun to see all the beautiful displays, like eye candy for crafters.

Do you like to go to vintage fairs or country fairs?  There's always some treasure to find!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment