Saturday, May 18, 2024

Country Flowers

At the OnStage convention in March, I got to pick a stamp set and die cuts for a special night of Make & Take crafting.  I chose the Country Flowers set and honestly, I just love it.  It coordinates with some beautiful papers, Country Lace.   

I got my inspiration to make my cards from Gail Ellis, who made some really cards using this set.  For this card, I used a basket weave emboss folder for the background and added a piece of blue paper from the Country Lace papers.  I used a peach ribbon to accent the blue paper and added a scalloped rectangle for the focal point.  

I stamped the bucket image onto one of the light gray designer papers and cut it out with the dies.  Then I spot colored some of the flowers with Stamping Blends.  I embellished my card with some flower cut outs from one of the designer papers.  

These are some of my favorite colors and I love everything about this set.  :)

This second uses cut a stamped image of a bird and some cut strips from the Country Birdhouse stamp set and Country Woods designer papers.  There's not a lot of stamping on this card, but I just love the look.  I ripped the edges of the strips of paper and if you look closely, I stamped a little flower strip on some of them.  

I stamped and colored in the bird and fussy cut him out.  Although there are cut outs, they don't cut close enough to the little bird.  The saying is stamped onto a little tag and the leaves and flowers are cut out that come with the sets.  

For a little bit of interest, I stamped the flower images and fussy cut them out to add to the card.  Simple and so sweet!

My third card in this series uses the tea kettle image that I stamped onto the designer paper.  For the focal point, I cut out the arch from the Garden Meadow bundle.  I added a little strip of designer paper to the lower portion of it and then added a coral ribbon.  

The cute little bird sits on the saying made from a small tag cut out and the card is embellished with some little flowers.  

Here I am at OnStage playing around with the Country Flowers stamp set.  There were three sets to chose from and I'm so glad that I picked this one.

Last year I celebrated 20 years with Stampin Up!  It's been a lot of fun, creativity and I've
met a lot of wonderful people!


I got a change to walk across the stage and earn my 20 year milestone with Stampin Up.  Thanks for
stamping with me for these past two decades.  I hope there's many more cards and projects to come. :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment