Monday, November 1, 2021

Fabric Candy Corn

A few weeks ago my friends and I went to the Vintage Market Fair in VT.  There were so many petty things on display.  It's like eye candy for crafters!

One of the things that caught my eye was some cute candy corns made from fabric.  I've seen them before and have wanted to make them in the past.


So I came home and made some for myself.  I think they match perfectly with my fall decor.  :)


I started out making the yellow, orange and cream colored ones and then I wanted to try some new fabrics and see how they would look.  I like the more subtle ones, too, without the orange in them.

I sewed 2 inch strips for the middle and 2 1/4 inch strips for the outer layers to leave some room to draw and turn the shape.

They're stitched at the bottom and have some button embellishments on them.  

Honestly, they are kind of addicting to make.  I'd like to try out some more color combos next.  Maybe use some browns to add variety?



I love how they look sitting on my fall table.  What do you think of them?  Do you like the orange ones or the cream colored ones better?

I'm not really a fan of real candy corns, but I do like these. 

I can't wait to show them to my friends!


Here we are sitting "by the fireplace" at the Vintage Market.  What a great fall day we had!  

Did you go to the VMF?  What sort of things caught your eye?  




No comments:

Post a Comment