Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Working on Christmas Cards

I have to admit, I love this card made using the Poinsettia dies and the Cinnamon Cider cardstock.  I think this is my new favorite color to work with!  I found the idea for this card from Michelle on Hello Day Cards.  I had some copper ribbon in my bin and thought that looked so nice with this color.  I embossed the saying with copper powders and love how it turned out.  The flower petals have some Wink of Stella on them to make them shine!
 

The next card is made using the Painted Christmas Suite.  There is so much that you can do with this set and the papers.  I love the pine cone look to this card.  I added a little bird from the Curvy Bird set as an accent and love how he blends in so well with this card.

For the tree card, I used the paper from the Painted Christmas to give yet another look.  The trees are cute outs from In the Pines from last year.  The darker tree is on the front panel and the lighter colored tree is on the inside.  Put together, they add some dimension to the card.  It's a simple fancy fold card.
The birds are from the Curvy birds also.

While these are Christmas cards, they have a warm, woodsy look to them.  I used the new Evening Evergreen on the cards and I like how it looks.  


Last up from this card class is the little girl from the Seasons of Fun stamp set.  She is picking out her tree for Christmas.  Because I used greens in making this card, it looks like she had to go for a walk in the forest to get her tree.  

So cute, right?  I found ideas for my cards from Michelle Quinno, Dianna Gibbs and from Wendy Smith.


Do you like the "woodsy" look to these cards?




No comments:

Post a Comment