Tuesday, November 23, 2021

It's Time for Pumpkins

I love to make fall cards even more than cards for Christmas.  Maybe it's because I have more time in the fall than I do when December comes along.  I found a beautiful card on Pinterest from Sally Poole that I copied for my card.  

For this card, I colored onto a vellum sheet using the alcohol Blend markers.  Then I spritzed on some rubbing alcohol to smear the colors.  That's how the background was made.  I added some gold flecks from the gilded leaf embellishments to lines of glue to bring more gold to the card.  It's hard to see in the photo, but this card has some major gold shine to it!

The pumpkin and the leaves are embossed with gold powders and the larger pumpkin is cut from gold foil.  Honestly, this is one of the prettiest cards that I have ever made.  :)

The background designer papers on this card are from the Harvest Meadow collection.  I love this paper and wish that there was more of this in the paper pack.  I made this card using Pretty Peacock for the base and adding Soft Succulent and Pale Papaya as the accent colors.  I found the idea for this card from Katie Little.  It's such a sweet card to give to a special friend.


This next card idea is also from Katie Little.  I added some leaf cut outs that I had from a couple of years ago and the pumpkins from Pretty Pumpkins.  The leaf accent pieces are cut from gold foil to give the card some more shine.



And lastly, from this class is a sweet little birthday card featuring the boy from Seasons of Fun.  It was a lot of coloring and work to make this card but it came out so cute.  The idea is from Kim Tolbert.  

The boy is stamped on the inside of the card and you can view him from the hole made by the scalloped circle.  The paper is from Beauty of Friendship designer collection.  

I like the images of the kids from this set and would like to see more of them by this artist in future catalogs.  It reminds me of some cute stamp sets from way back when with kids in them.  


Here is what the card looks like when the front panel is closed.  I used Wink of Stella on some of the images to make them stand out.  

What do you think of this card?

My stamper friends all loved the first card with the alcohol resist technique.  But let's not forget about the cute little kid and his kitty enjoying the fall leaves.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment