Thursday, July 18, 2024

Hills of Tuscany

Even though this stamp set, Hills of Tuscany, retired this year, I wanted to get a chance to use it.  So this week I made three cards that definitely have the "Tuscany" look to them.

I got my ideas from Mikeala Titheredge on Pinterest.  They are beautiful cards and I was so happy to make them, putting my own spin on them, of course.  

This is one of the prettiest cards I have ever made; I just love the serene look to this!  It's like looking into a snow globe.  :)  I stamped the image onto a white scrap and tucked that behind the circle hole that I cut out of the background.  A piece of vellum is next, to give the card the look as if it was glass.  I used the Tin Tile embossing folder and gently colored the raised areas with some white craft ink using a sponge dobber.

The base of the globe is from the Snow Globe Scene dies.  The flower cut outs are from the Country Flower dies.  I painted some watercolor paper with a paint brush using the ink from the stamp pads and then cut them out, to give them a soft watercolor look.

The second card is pretty similar to the first, only this time I added the circle to the front of the card.  I eliminated the vellum for this one.  It's still so beautiful.


Here is a look at the two of them side by side.  

The third card is more like a post card.  I loved playing around with this set.  It reminds me of when I visited Italy.  I could easily make more things with it.

While looking through some photos this week, I found this pic of when I went to Italy.  The background almost looks like the stamp set images!  Maybe that's why I liked the set so much.  :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment