Friday, July 5, 2024

Zippered Kitty Bags

For the past couple of weeks I have been spending more time in my sewing room.  And honestly, I am loving it.

As I was sorting some of my fabrics, I came across fabric that had cute little kitty images on it.  I almost forgot that I had bought it!

So I looked at it for a couple of days and then decided to cut them up and make little zippered pouches out of the kitty panels.  The panels are about 4" square, so they are not too big.  

Each bag is a little different and I had fun picking out scraps of fabric and zippers that matched each panel.

I could make these all day - oh, wait - I did.  :)


Seriously, each panel is just so cute!  The colors are great, the kitties are so sweet and the project is just plain old fun.  

After they were finished I added a little tassel to them.  The tassels were from Stampin Up at least 10 years ago, and they were just waiting for the perfect project to go with them.

I love how the black tassel brings out the text on the cat and the leaves in the plant.  

I'm not sure if I even want to part with them.  

The fabric is It's Raining cats and Dogs by Terry Runyan for Benartex.  I bought it a couple of years ago.



After I finished up some of the kitty bags, I counted to see how many more panels that I have left.  There's still 28 more cats, so I can keep making more or save them for another project.  

They would even make a sweet wall hanging for my sewing room.  

What do you think of them?  Now I have to go through more fabric piles to see if I have more panels to play with.








I think this little kitty is my favorite, but it's hard to pick.  I love how the teal and pink flowers go so well with this panel. 

He's just enjoying his time relaxing in the flowers.  And what's better on a nice summer day? 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment