Friday, December 28, 2018

Ornaments for the Ornament Exchange

Every year I host an annual Ornament Exchange.  About 8 of my crafty friends make handmade ornaments ahead of time for swapping with each other. 

This year I found the cutest fabric while I was away at the Houston Quilt Show in November.  Its by Cori Dantini and features small images in vintage colors.

The images fit perfectly into a 3" embroidery hoop.  I had to go to several different craft stores to get enough hoops to make all of my ornaments.  Actually I thought that I had some, but couldn't find them. (!)

I added some embroidery using matching floss to each piece and made some lazy daisies on each one. 

I sewed on beads and buttons in clear, white and red to give them some dimension.  The back has stabilizer on them so the threads don't show through and then a piece of white Christmas tone-on-tone fabric to finish them off nicely.

I glued on matching pom pom embellishments to the edges and added ribbons for the hangers and to decorate the fronts.

There are so many cute images, I'm not sure which one that I like the best-  Santa, angel, tree, bear, bird and a snowman.  They were a lot of fun to make. 

Which one do you like the best? 

No comments:

Post a Comment