Friday, February 1, 2019

Heart Quilt

Ah, the holidays are over and I'm so glad to begin a new year!  This year my goal is to sew, sew, sew!  I have a lot of quilts and other sewing projects that have been lying around and it's time to finish them up and move them along.  For real. :)

I made this cute little wall hanging for my daughter for Christmas.  Her favorite colors are teal and coral, so I used a fabric line called, Nest, for my project.  It has the sweetest little images in it!

Look at the birds and nests - so sweet!  I definitely want to use this fabric collection again. 

I found the layout on Pinterest from Robert Kaufman fabrics (link is here) and started cutting 2 1/2" squares from my jelly roll.  It took some time to cut the squares and arrange the colors, but once I was done with that, I numbered them and took them into my sewing room to sew them all together. 

The sewing took longer than I thought that it would - although it's a relatively small quilt, there are over 100 little squares to sew together!

Then I put on a white border and finished it off with a teal binding.  And yes, it was actually done before Christmas!  (Christmas Eve, but who's counting)

It's about 26" square- just the perfect size to hang on the wall or use as table topper - my kind of project (the kind that you can finish - LOL!).

No comments:

Post a Comment