Friday, October 30, 2015

A New Fall Project from an Old Shirt

 I have to admit, I don't like to get rid of old clothes that I like- you know, the ones that "shrink" and they don't fit anymore. Instead of throwing them away, I put them into a box out in the garage waiting for the day that I get inspired to "make" something out of them.

A couple of years ago I had bought a nice frame that had burlap in it and have been looking for a photo of my family to put in it.  I don't know where the family photo went, so I decided to put something else into the frame.  Not really knowing what I wanted, I started with some designer paper and then I remembered the fall shirt that doesn't fit me anymore.  I ironed some fusible transfer paper onto the back and cut out the tree area.  Then I mounted it onto brown cardstock and stitched it down with my machine.

Then I added some stamped words and leaves to complete the project.  I love how it came out.

Here it is hanging in my hallway.  I love how it looks! 

Have you ever made a project out of your old clothes?  How did it turn out?







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I have repurposed old clothes but never into anything as beautiful as this!

    ReplyDelete