Monday, August 29, 2016

The Power of a 2" Square!

This week's stamping challenge for class was to make 2" squares using Blooms & Bliss designer paper.  To start out, I cut 2" squares from some cardstock colors to match those in the designer paper.  Then I cut out 1 3/4" squares of the designer paper to insert into the 2" squares, cutting some out in just plain white to give contrast.

Here is what I came up with first.  The colors in this match my new bedroom colors perfectly.  I used the thinlits that match the Botanical Blooms stamp set.  They have such dimension to them that it makes any project look awesome. 

Next I wanted to make a little gift for one of my friends who likes to go geocaching with me.  I thought that I had a hiking boot stamp, but after searching around for a while, I remembered that I didn't have one after all!  So I put a compass from the Open Sea stamp set in the corner.  I used some assorted punches for accents and flowers from the Grateful Bunch stamp set.

We are always looking for "adventures" together!

Next up I made a frame for my daughter.  She has burgundy and teal colors in her bedroom and I thought this would match well.  I haven't given it to her yet; it's going to be a surprise for when she gets home! 

And who doesn't want to be reminded that they are loved every day?

Last up, I made this card using some of the squares.  I didn't really decorate each square, just arranged them on the card.  I like how it turned out. 

Why not take out some designer paper today and make some 2" square projects?  They're lots of fun!  Once you get started, you just can't stop, sort of like eating potato chips!  Let me know what you come up with. 





1 comment:

  1. I like the 2" square look! I have not done anything like this but now I have it in the back of my mind....hmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete