Monday, September 11, 2017

Summertime Frame


Ahh, I'm so sad to see summer wind down.  I think I had so many expectations for summer and I didn't get to do many of them this year.  So I'm desperately trying to finish my summer projects and activities with a bang.

I have wanted to make a Summer framed project for a couple of years.  So I finally sat down and came up with something!  I had a bunch of these 8 x 8" frames laying around (!), so I took the glass out of the frame and made this 3-D project.

I started out making the squares to fit into the frame.  I wanted to have different sizes to give it some interest.  There were some summer stamp sets that I definitely wanted to include.  Don't you just love the fireflies from the Jars of Love set?

Jars of Love is also used for the lemonade and the flower arrangement within the heart, which is from the Swirly Bird framelits.  The sailboat is from the Swirly set, too.

I had to include the beloved Daisy punch and also the Adirondack chair from the Colorful Seasons. The kite in this frame is from the Swirly set.  I tried working up the frame using some different colors and different accent flowers.  This second one has a bit more whimsical look to it.

I'm not even sure which one that I like the best.  In this frame, I used coral colored paper for the background.  I just love the colors, don't you?

Which frame is your favorite?   Have you ever made a collage frame using different stamp sets?  I think it came out so nice, that now I want to work on a Fall one.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment