Monday, September 11, 2017

Who is Your Neighbor?

From time to time, I teach a Sunday class at my church and come up with a craft project for them to work on.  The lesson that I taught to go along with this craft was the Good Samaritan, where Jesus was teaching about who is your neighbor - and that is anyone that is in need.

I had some 6x8" canvas boards in my stash of crafting supplies, so I took them out and found some designer paper to use for the background.  I glued the papers down before the class.  This made the houses and other items easy to glue on using a glue stick.

I used an old stamping wheel with a cute set of houses on it and rolled them in black on different colored cardstock.

At church the kids cut them out and made their own neighborhoods.  They could color in the white houses if they wanted and there were trees, clouds, dog houses, bushes and lamp post cut-outs for them.  I did a lot of cutting beforehand to make the craft easier for some of the children.

Then I made the "Who is your neighbor" sign for them to put on their board.   I was totally amazed at the creativity of the children.  Each board had its own creative look to it. Some children even stood up the houses along a row for a 3-D effect.  It was a lot of fun helping them to design their own neighborhood.

I think I'll keep this one around as a reminder of the great time that we shared together.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment