Friday, November 22, 2019

Painting Pumpkin Decor for Fall

If you're like me, you have a lot of items lying around that can possibly be turned into a craft project.  I stopped by my friend Tracy's house and she had made some really cute fall decor items.  Check out this cute pumpkin made from wine corks!  I grabbed a few, hot glued them together and then painted one side of them orange to look like a pumpkin.  How cute it turned out!

I glued half of a cork for the stem and added some leaves cut from burlap.  Then I added a raffia bow and a small embellishment. I just love it.

For these pumpkins, Tracy cut a wooden post into smaller sections.  I sanded them, painted them and added some embellishments to the top.  To make the candy corn one, I put painters tape around the block, painted one color and then taped the other section and painted that, etc.  After painting, I added some wax to finish them.

She even had a little scarecrow and a pumpkin to added to the top!  My fall decor is stepping up!

One day on a small road trip to VT, I stopped at a lovely display along the road. 

While my friend and I were out exploring and looking for fall foliage, we saw covered bridges and cute pumpkin displays.

Here I am sitting among the pumpkins.  Ah, I love fall, both indoors and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment