Friday, November 22, 2019

Come to Gather Fall Cards


For my cards this week I used the Come to Gather designer paper from Stampin Up.  I love the Pretty Peacock color of the stripes and the feathers.  I added the feathers from the Tags and Feathers wooden accents.  I thought the card needed a little something more when it was done, so I added the little bird.  He's from an old set.  I saw this idea on line from Karen Hallam.  This card can be used all year long and makes a great masculine card.

For this card, I cut out a leaf from the Peacock gingham paper using an older leaf die.  I added a smaller cut out from Seasonal Layers framelits to the inside.  Then I put a small teal pumpkin along side the tag.  The card base is Mint Macaron and the idea is from Mary Fish.

For this card featuring the Country Home stamp set, I added some embossing paste that I dyed orange to a cut out stencil that I made from a framelit.  It's along the bottom of the card.  It doesn't show up well in the photo, but it really adds some dimension to the card.  Then I stamped the Birch background in Crumb Cake ink.  I added the country milk can with the dried flowers and small pumpkin for embellishment.  The dotted paper is from the Come to Gather collection.

I used an older pumpkin stamp to make this card.  The papers are also from the Come to Gather paper set.  I cut out the pumpkins and added a dimension to the Jack-o-lantern.

I love to send out Thanksgiving cards.  By the time we get to Christmas, there are so many things to do that I enjoy the more relaxed holiday of Thanksgiving.  And you don't even have to buy any presents.


No comments:

Post a Comment