Saturday, February 4, 2023

Country Floral Lane Valentine Cards


 One of the sweet new sets in Stampin Up's mini catalog is called Country Floral Lane.  It features a heart stamp set with a punch and two packages of pretty papers.  I had so much fun coming up with these cards this week.  I just couldn't stop making them!

My first card features designer papers from the Country Gingham set of papers.  I stamped the heart using the Stamparatus so that I could get a good image.  Then I lined up the second stamp which stamps the green leaves and the heart came out so perfect!  I had my stamping ladies use the Stamparatus to get their images stamped and lined up properly.  It was fairly easy.  Then we cut out the heart and used it as a focal point for our card.

I punched the red heart from the designer papers called Country Floral.  The punch that coordinates with this set matches up with the images on the papers.  I added a bow made with Pool Party sheer ribbon.  

As you can see in the photo, there is also a candy/gift card holder.  I put small Hershey's bars in the pocket envelope.  I used an old Sizzix die to make the holder.  Using the pretty papers, it coordinated so well with the card set.  

For the second card, I stamped a couple of sprigs onto the circle focal point from the stamp set, Country Bouquet.  Then I added the punch heart and leaves with dimensionals.  I added a tag with white heat embossing to the card for the saying.  Then I punched a couple more hearts out using the coordinating punch.  This card idea is from Amy Koenders.

This is pretty much the same card, only I used Mint Macaron for the card base and the gingham paper.  I added a cut out heart from the designer paper and added the punched heart and leaves, also.  The saying is from the Full of Love stamp set.  

For my third card, I stamped the sweet owl from the Sale-a-Bration set, Adorable Owls.  I saw the idea to put the mail in his hand on Pinterest.  The mail is cut out from one of the images in the Full of Love stamp set.  I added a couple of punched hearts to the card and the sayings.  I love how it turned out.  :)

This last card opens up at the top to reveal a pocket on the inside of the card to insert a note or a gift card.  Good idea, right?  I saw this idea from Simply Sweet in Ink designs.  The ladies who come to my class loved this card the best.  Maybe because it's a little different.  And who doesn't want a gift card?

I love playing around with this set.  I just need some more time to make more of these pretty cards.  I hope to send some out for Valentine's Day.  










No comments:

Post a Comment