Monday, March 11, 2024

Everyday Details

This past week I made some cards using the stamp set, Everyday Details in the mini catalog.  I loved the set right away when I saw it in the catalog and decided to make some cards using the set.

I love the little tea cup stamp and put it on my card with some papers from the Softly Stippled designer papers, one of the offerings during Sale-a-bration.  The background for all of my cards this week is Pebbled Path.  The gray matched some of the papers in the designer pack and for the first card, I chose the flowered teal background.  

Here is the same card made only using a soft coral color.  I didn't color in the tea cup for this card and love the look of it.  I also used Everyday Details dies for the focal point and accent piece.  I added a little doily cut out from the designer papers, too, to add some interest.  

For the nest card, I used the stippled flower paper as the background and added a gray strip across the front of the card, cut out with one of the dies.  I stamped the speckled dots on the eggs but didn't really like how it came out.  I think just using a blend or marker dots would look better, for the next time I use the little nest image.

The vase image with the flowers is so sweet and I love how it looks with the outer border raised just a bit.  I let the ladies who come to my stamp class pick which designer papers that they wanted for their cards.  I tend to use a lot of the same colors in my projects so it was nice to have some variety for them.  I got the idea for this card from Ange McKay on Youtube.  

I would definitely use this set again.  I'd like to try some brighter designer papers to pair it with.  What colors have you used with it?  Maybe I'll find a little bird to put with the nest.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment