Friday, April 12, 2024

Notes of Nature

Last November at OnStage at home, Notes of Nature was one of the stamp sets that was shown by Shelli and her daughter.  I fell in love with the papers and stamp set.  This week I finally got a chance to take them out and make some cards with the!  

For this first card, I used some of the papers from Nature's Sweetness designer papers for the background.  I stamped a portion of one of the stamps onto the designer papers in the corner to make it look like a collage card.  

Then I cut the holes at the top from the Notes of Nature dies and embossed the Pretty Peacock paper using the Timeworn Type folder.   I threaded some Faux Leather Trim and knotted it at the top of the card.  I love the look of it.  

For the circle cut-out, I used Everyday Details die cuts.  I just love the look of the Pecan Pie color on this card.  I stamped the leaf image and colored it in with Petal Pink and cut out some flowers in the same color to coordinate.  

The tab at the top is part of a label punch.  It's supposed to look similar to a tab at the top of the card.  

My second card is made using Misty Moonlight for the cardstock and a piece from Inked Botanicals paper pack.  I stamped the background in Pecan Pie and added some embellishment to coordinate with the first card.  I used the little cork rounds on each of the cards.

The third card features a book fold opening.  I stamped onto the white background and added some leaves, sprigs, twine and flowers to complete the card.  I attempted to branch out with my colors this week- sometimes I use the same colors over and over.  I am proud of myself for using Pretty Peacock, Misty Moonlight, Coastal Cabana and Petal Pink together.  I love how they look.

Although I did look at some sample cards on Pinterest, the 3 cards are my own designs.  Now I just want to make more.  

What do you think of the collage look with this stamp set?




 

No comments:

Post a Comment