Monday, September 23, 2013

The Fabric of Friendship is Stitched with Love


I love mixing different crafting mediums in my projects.  This project showcases my love for sewing and rubber stamping all in one!  I made this vintage sewing shadow box (say that 5 times really fast) for my quilting friend, Carol for her birthday.  Truly our friendship is like a fabric, stitched with love. 

For this project, I used some rubber stamps with a sewing theme, stamped the image onto some designer paper and cut them out.  I stamped the "pattern" stamp onto vellum and sponged it with some crumb cake ink to give it the look of sewing pattern tissue.  I used some antique buttons that I had bought at a garage sale and found the little sewing machine in the doll house section of the craft store!

I also added fabric yo yo's (my favorites!) and some pieces of cardboard wrapped with fabric to resemble bolts of fabric.  The spools of thread are a rubber stamp image wrapped with DMC floss.  The tape measure is also a rubber stamp that I colored in and cut out.  I glued it on using sticky strip, allowing for gathers in the paper to look like a tape measure. 

Do you ever mix your sewing and stamping crafts together? 

No comments:

Post a Comment