Monday, September 23, 2013

Treasured Quilt for a Treasured Friend


I like to experiment with using different fabrics in my sewing and quilting.  While I was out on a quilt shop tour, I spotted some unique fabric in vibrant colors that I don't normally use. I brought them home and mixed them up with some of my other fabrics in my stash and this is the quilt that I came up with. 

I used 5" squares to make this quilt, so you could make a quilt like this using charm squares and adding a few from your stash to add variety.  I thought it had a simple, yet stunning look to it.

I gave to a dear friend of mine from high school for her birthday.  We have had quite a colorful friendship, doing many different things together over the years.  I thought the vibrant colors in this quilt reminded me of our treasured times together.

I cropped the photo so that you could see some of the fabric up close.  (Believe it or not, there is actually Christmas fabric used in this quilt, too!  Can you spot it in the close-up photo?)


What different combinations colors have you experimented with? How did they turn out?

No comments:

Post a Comment