Thursday, April 10, 2014

What Do I Do With the Cute Girl in the Fabric Panel?

This past weekend while I was at a Quilt Show in my area, I found this cute fabric with drawings on it by Cori Dantini.  I immediately recognized the artwork because I have a date book with some of her artwork in it.  Her images are just so sweet- I love their whimsical look!

Of course, I just had to buy it!  I bought a few coordinating fabrics to go along with it.  (I had to get those, too!)   I'm not exactly sure what to do with the panels, but I'm sure that I will figure that out!

Today I wanted to make a tote bag to bring to my sewing group at church.  All of the members are making and donating tote bags for children that need to go into the foster care system.  So I decided to make pockets out of two of the panels for the front and back of the tote bag.  I just love how it came out!

I had the striped blue and the checked yellow fabric already, but I really like how they bring out the colors that are in the panel.  I'm sure some little girl would love to have this to bring to her new foster home.

Here is a pic of the other side of the bag.  The images in real life are a lot brighter than what the picture shows.  I think the girl in this panel is working on some embroidery!

Well, I've used up two of the panels.  What other things can I make with these fabric panels?  I'm open for ideas.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment