Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Just Monkeying Around!

I've had a couple of baby showers to go to recently.  So I made some bib sets and washcloth sets to go with them.  I thought that the bibs needed a little toy, so I came up with this little monkey who is made from felt.  I just love how he brings an added "cuteness" to the bibs! 

Here he is a little closer.  I cut him from felt and added the face and ears, stitching them on using my sewing machine.  Then I stitched around his body with some DMC floss,using a blanket stitch.  Because his body has a lot of areas to stuff, I stuffed him as I was sewing him together.  Then I added the ribbon (Stampin Up, of course!) and sponged some blush ink onto his cheeks and ears.  I just love how he came out!

Here is another set that I made, using some zoo fabrics that I had.  This set is for a little girl.  I wasn't sure how I would like the bright colors, but I love them!  What do you think? 






No comments:

Post a Comment