Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Chase Away the Grays!


Here it in upstate New York it has been pretty gloomy lately.  Every year about this time I wonder if we will ever see spring!

I made this set of cards using just white, grays and yellows.  The yellow is supposed to bring a ray of sunshine into our gray days while we wait for nicer weather!

This card is so versatile.  You could make it for any occasion by just changing the ribbon color to give it a different look.  I embossed some images onto a light gray cardstock with silver heat embossing and then cut the squares into 7/8" pieces.  Then I embossed a second time onto another piece of gray cardstock, this time using white embossing powders.  I cut them and arranged them onto a square piece on my card (like a nine-patch quilting square!).  It's hard to tell in the photo, but the contrast of the gray and the white embossing really make this card stand out.  I got the idea from a photo on Pinterest from blogging2fun1889.

Made using the Secret Garden stamp set, this card seems so classic to me.  The flowers are stamped onto yellow cardstock and then embossed with white powders.  This is what makes them look so pretty.  Then I adorned the flower with some pearls to show it off.  The idea is from Allisa on Pinterest.  (Her blog link no longer works.)

I just love the little bee on this card, don't you?  It kind of reminds me of Burts Bees natural products that you can buy in the stores.  I had to take out the Stamp-a-ma-Jig to place it just right in the center of the yellow flowers!  Once I made the scallop circle for the bee, I didn't know what I wanted to do with him.  He ended up on this card that also highlights some little banners going across the top.

I crocheted a bunch small yellow and gray flowers and embellished them with Stampin Up buttons.  I put a little magnet on the back of them for a fridge decoration in hopes to remind me that spring is coming soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment