Saturday, September 6, 2014

Sip 'N' Stamp Night

This weekend I had a stamping/fun event at my home called Sip 'N' Stamp!  I got the idea from a local painting place that has you come to paint a picture on a canvas.  You not only get to paint the canvas, but sip wine while you are painting.  So I figured why not have a stamping event where you can drink wine while making your projects!

I took out some wine decor items and decorated the house using them.  Then I lit some candles and put on some soft Italian music. 

 
Each of the ladies brought either an appetizer or a bottle of wine for everyone to try.  I started with some grapes and cheese and crackers.  Then I made some little sandwiches.  There ended up being some amazing foods and coupled with the wine, there was a lovely array of food and drinks to sample!

Our first project that we made was this grape card made with the stamp set, Work of Art.  I got the idea from Jean Piersanti from Pinterest.  What a fun way to use vague images and turn them into grapes!  I thought this idea would fit in so well with my theme!  I figured that if the ladies' grapes weren't coming out all that well, they could just have another glass of wine and their card would keep looking better and better!

 The next project was a wine bottle topper.  You can make these to put on a wine bottle and it acts like a card and a gift all at once!  Of course, if you don't drink or give wine, you can put the topper on a bottle of olive oil, or design it to go on a hand soap container.  I found this idea on Stamp with Jenn.

After that, we made another card featuring some glasses of champagne.  I had wanted to use the sparkle glitter paper for the "champagne," but couldn't find the paper in time for the class.  So I used silver metallic paper instead.  It's hard to tell from this photo, but the champagne is cut out and glued to the inside of the glasses to give it some dimension.  The rhinestones are supposed to resemble champagne bubbles floating out of the glasses.  I got this idea from Vicky Burdick. 

Our last project was a simple little magnet to make for the fridge to remember our special night together or to give as a gift with one or more of the other items. The ladies could choose from a number of images and each one came out as uniquely different as the ladies who came.

The Sip 'N' Stamp event was such a success.  Maybe we'll make it an annual event! 



No comments:

Post a Comment