Saturday, December 6, 2014

Silver and Sparkle

Usually I like the traditional colors of Christmas, but this year I have really enjoyed making cards and projects using some different colors!  I love the peaceful look that these colors bring- using Stampin Up's Lost Lagoon, Soft Sky, Smoky Slate gray and silver colors.

On this card, I stamped and punched out the trees.  For the lighter colored tree, I made two and stacked them on top of each other, folding the top tree and adhering it with glue dots along the fold to give it dimension.  I punched out the stars using the silver glitter paper.  It's hard to tell in the photos, but the card really sparkles!

I used the scallop topper punch to make these matching gift tags.  On the back, I stamped the "To and From" for the names and left a place for any sentiments.  I had a lot of fun playing with the designer papers, All is Calm to make these!  I got the ideas from Narelle Farrugia from my favorite site, Pinterest. 

I also wanted to make a card with houses on a street at Christmastime.  Here is what I came up with using Holiday Home and the All is Calm designer papers.  I'm not sure if I like the card that much, but I think the houses would make cute little gift tags. 

Are you experimenting using different colors this Christmas?  What is your new color scheme?




1 comment:

  1. Love this color scheme- it makes me want to go create right now! No new color schemes being worked on here, sad to report....

    ReplyDelete