Saturday, July 25, 2015

Making Flowers

I've been wanting to make a "bouquet" of flowers for a while and this week I finally did it!  I love how they came out.  I used the Flower Shop stamp set that comes with a coordinating punch to make them, and they were quick and easy. 


To make the flower:  I stamped and punched three images for each flower.  I used a bone folder to soften and curl the edges of the petals.  For the top flower, I cut a slit to the middle and secured one of the petals behind the other to make it take shape.  Then I added a rhinestone to the center, and mounted it to the next flower layer with a glue dot.  The last layer is mounted with a dimensional to give it some lift. 

To attach the flower to the wire, I folded the floral wire about 1/2 inch and inserted it into a white circle that I punched and cut a slit in.  Then I taped the wire in the slit to secure it well and used glue dots to attach the circle to the back of the flower. 

For the tags, I used Merry Everything stamp set to make the base and decorated them with Tag Talk and Floral Wings.  You could use any tag or saying that you'd like. 

At the local craft shop, I picked up some floral wire and vases to make it all come together. 

I saw this example on Pinterest (my fav site) done by Margriet Tournier.  They make a lovely addition to your desk or can be given away as a thoughtful gesture to someone. 







The card that matches is made with the new Floral Wings hostess set. The idea is from Beth Beard.  It is meant to be given with the bouquet of flowers! 

The note card is made with the same stamp set, Floral Wings.  I cut out the vase and three of the flowers for some added dimension.  You can't see it from the photo, but I scored two lines on each side of the vase for texture.  I love the vase and can't wait to make something else with it.  The idea is from Susan Itell.  
Have you wanted to make flowers but haven't tried it yet?  Now is the time!  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment