Monday, November 23, 2015

Mini Totes and More

A few years ago I saw the idea to make little tote bags in one of my Quilts and More crafting magazines.  While I was over at Walmart and "just walking by" the craft section, I spotted some beautiful fall fabric.  Of course, I had to stop and take a second look at it.  They are selling Waverly canvas fabrics for $3.97 per yard!  That is crazy!  So crazy, that I had to buy some.  So I picked out some fall colors and came home and whipped up these little tote bags.  :)

I did put some thick interfacing in them so that they would stand up on their own.  They're great for giving a little gift; you can put a card in there and some candies, a Thankful for You magnet or whatever else you choose.  So I made them for a craft fair that I was in.

One of the things that I love to do is go to flea markets and garage sales.  This past summer I picked up these cute little brown frames and they have been sitting on my craft desk waiting for something to go in them.  They're only an inch wide, so I had to find a little stamp that would fit in them. 


I've made these Reese's Thanksgiving favors before, but they are easy and quick to make.  Using 2 bags of Resse's peanut candies, I made 42 party favors.   I'll be giving these out on Thanksgiving Day, for sure. 
What things are you making this year for your fall crafting or Thanksgiving table?

1 comment:

  1. Now I am going to have to go to a Walmart store... Love Waverly fabric!

    ReplyDelete