Sunday, September 29, 2019

Magnolia Suite

When I first got the new (June) Stampin Up catalog this summer, I saw the Magnolia stamp set and coordinating papers.  I wasn't sure that I "needed" it, but after seeing so many beautiful samples online, I decided to go for it!


For my stamp classes this month, I offered a couple of classes featuring the Magnolia Lane suite.  The designer paper is amazing and this set works up some really nice projects.  This card is a simple card that also coordinates with the framed project.  I got the card idea from Gail Ellis.  Then I made a matching bag to hold all of the cards.  I watched a bag-making tutorial made by Amanda Flowler.

The Live, Love, Laugh sayings were from an old framelit set that I had.  I thought this would be a great use for them.  But I have to say that I love the 3D flowers along the side.  It gives the whole project a nice 3D look.  I'm not sure who to thank for the idea for this project, but it's lovely.  (If it was your sample, please let me know so that I can give you the credit.)

For the next set of matching projects, I made the Magnolia flower the focal point for the framed project along with a matching square card.  The card is from Stesha Bloodhart and I'm not sure again of the source of the framed project that I found on Facebook. 

I got the wooden frames at Joann's in the clearance section and painted them.  I also used Naturals white cardstock for the card to give it a more vintage feel.

Rounding out this month's cards is a lovely gold embossed card.  I painted the teal focal point with some ink to give the card some color.  It's a simple to make card that has a great impact.  I found it on Facebook but again don't have a name.

Lastly, but perhaps my favorite of all, is this painted Magnolia card.  I stamped onto Crumb Cake cardstock and embossed with white ink.  Then cut and gave the flower a watercolor look using some matching ink and some white craft ink.  It's hard to tell in the photo, but there's some wink of Stella to make the flower shine.  (No watermark on this card either, so no name.)

I was trying to showcase cards from this set that worked up fairly quickly without having to color in the Magnolia flower.  I think everyone enjoyed them.  What do you think of this set?






No comments:

Post a Comment