Saturday, September 28, 2019

Vintage Adventure


In summer, I love to go out camping.  Actually, it's more like glamping, a glamorous form of camping!  I picked up a red vintage trailer (haven't taken it out just yet) and decided that I needed some "quilty" things to go with it.  :)

I want to decorate using vintage reds, teals, pinks, gray, etc.  I found this adorable fabric called Vintage Adventure by Riley Blake and it is so perfect for what I want to make!

I have a jelly roll and some charm squares of the fabric and I started out cutting the strips into 2 1/2" squares.  I sewed them together and make a table topper for the picnic table and one for the end table next to my bed.  I can't wait to use them next year in my trailer.

For the first mini quilt, I quilted it using straight stitches and love the grid pattern that it makes.  I'm pretty traditional when it comes to quilts and I love the linear look.

In the second one, I did some simple free motion quilting and it give it an entirely different look.  You can see the two quilting styles in the second photo.

One of my friends gave the vintage trailer birdhouse to me as a gift and I might even bring it with me camping to hang up in my campsite. :)

Oh, there are so many more things that I'd like to make with these pretty fabrics.  But for today, these 2 pieces will have to suffice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment