Monday, August 3, 2020

Forever Fern

Last week I made 4 beautiful cards using the Forever Fern stamp set and it's coordinating designer papers.  They looked so amazing in the catalog, but they're even nicer in person.  :)

For my first card, I inked up one of my acrylic stamps like Karen Kwenzakovic did on her blog, spritzed it with some water and then added some of the fern images.  It's a little different from my usual stamping look, but I really like how it turned out.  I used 4 greens, starting with the lightest one and continuing using a darker green each time until I covered the block. 

For the next card, I used the designer paper, and then added a rectangle using the Stitched So Sweetly dies.  I got the idea for this card from mystampgarden blog.  If you notice in the photos, I used two different sides of the designer papers and although different, I love the look of each of them.

I'm usually a white-on-white card making girl, but in this case, I love how it turned out.  I used the new thin Greenery embossing folders and love the soft look of them.  I got the idea from Patsy Waggoner on Pinterest. 

And lastly, I wanted to use the Ferns in a different color.  You don't have to always use greens for this set.  I copied the idea for this card from Karen Henderson and I just love the purples mixed with the navy blue and Coastal Cabana colors. 

Seriously, I could use this stamp set all day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment