Monday, February 15, 2021

Woodland Quilt

There are projects of all sorts lying around in the craft rooms at my house.  I guess if you're not a crafter, that's hard to understand.  But it's part of my life.  LOL

I like to start projects and don't always finish them right away.  This is one of those projects. Quilters like to call them "UFO's" - unfinished objects.  I found this quilt top already put together while I was doing some sorting in the sewing room the other day.  So I took it out, added some batting and backing and decided to finished it up!

The colors are very soft flannels and minky fabrics that I got at Joanns a few years ago.  The design on the print has little woodland animals on it.  The squares are about 3 1/2 inches big and if you look closely, there is a pattern to the layout.  

Here you can see the little animals.  I quilted simple straight lines on the squares and used minky for the binding so that the edges would be nice and soft.

While I was working on the binding, I set the quilt down for just a minute to answer the phone.  And when I came back, look who claimed it as her own!  Ginger loves her softies.  :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment