Friday, September 16, 2022

Nature's Prints

I'll be honest, when I first saw the Nature's Print set in the new catalog, I didn't think that I needed it.  (Ha!)  I have a couple other sets that look very similar. 

But after seeing all of the pretty cards on Pinterest, I changed my mind.  I think it pairs so well with the Fern embossing folder, don't you?

I watched a video from Lisa Curcio to learn how to make this amazing cut out technique.  I just love the pretty green color (Just Jade) and how it turned out.
Originally I was going to make the card with some designer papers that had leaves on them.  But when I turned the paper over, I loved the Gray Granite brick wall.  It gives the card a very subtle look.  The papers are from last year's Bloom Where You Are Planted papers.  I saw this card made by Jan Musselman and changed the color to green.

For my next card, I kept with the green theme and added some stamped images to the front.  I used the Fern embossing folder and love how this card turned out.  I saw the idea for this from Beth Wainright.  The base of the card is Mint Macaron and the accent circle is Just Jade.

The second time that I made the card, I reversed the colors of the stamped images.  In the first card, the focal image is a light green and in the second card, it is the darker image.  Which one do you like better, the light or the darker?  

For the third card, I used Gray Granite for the base and added just a hint of Mint Macaron for the accent color.  I saw this idea from Akiko Sudano.  I added the brick paper to the front of the card and the pretty cut-out wreath from the Natural Prints die cuts.  I love the subtle look of this card along with the Fern embossing folder.


The three cards coordinate well together and I had fun making them.  I can imagine this set in another color scheme and it would be just as pretty.  :)







 

No comments:

Post a Comment