Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Wooden Stamped Blocks for Home Decor

One of the things that I love to make with my SU papers and stamps are home decor blocks.  I find blocks of wood at thrift shops and local craft stores, paint them and cover them with pretty papers for a nice block that you can set on your desk or on a shelf.

This block (not sure what to call them) features papers from the Valley in Bloom papers.  I then added some ferns from Fern and Flora, some flowers, a butterfly or two and a stamped Scripture image.  I have a small bucket of Scripture stamps that I have collected over the years.  

Once made, I spray the blocks with Krylon to preserve the stamping so that it doesn't smear if it gets wet.

This block is a little bit smaller, about 4x4 inches.  It has the lily paper, also - the papers are so beautiful and make a great background.  I added the green fern, some flowers, moths and another Bible verse cut out with Everyday Arches.  

The long block at the bottom is a very weird size, but with a linear stamp and some side embellishments, I like the look of it.  It was fun playing around more with the lily papers and the fern cut outs.  

I could go on all day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment