Monday, July 15, 2013

Striped & Gathered Table Runner


I just love the colors in this table runner! To make this,  I cut every other row twice as long (22") and gathered them to fit the 11" rows in between!  It's kind of hard to see the texture in this photo, but I like how it came out.  It's definitely not something that you'd want to make in a hurry because it took a long time to gather and then fit the gathered rows in, but definitely something that I would make again.  

Of course I gave this as a gift to someone.  I used some fabrics that I had purchased from Joann's a couple of years ago.  They have cute little birdcages on them and I thought that they worked up nicely in this project.


I was feeling rather ambitious so I made a little owl to match the runner.  He's made with the same fabrics as accent pieces.  I made his body out of an old gray sweater that I felted.  My friend likes owls and birds and she really loved these gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment