Monday, October 31, 2016

Okay, I'll Start on Christmas!


 Some of you know that I resist making Christmas cards and projects in Aug, Sept and Oct.  But I've finally given in and taken out some Christmas stamps and papers!  My holiday classes have begun.

I used the new oval framelits to accent the saying on the card and on the gift bag.  I just love how the scallop oval frames the sayings.  I think it adds a lot of class to the projects. 

I love the little grapevine ornament!  I got the idea from the Stampin Up holiday catalog.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I put the musical note designer paper inside the wreath to give it a slight vintage look.  I used a circle punch for the circle shape and a glue gun to adhere it to the wreath.  The rest of the embellishments are held with assorted sized glue dots. 

The gift bag can be used to hold a cookie, a gift card or a note.  You could also put some cash in there for a special recipient.  Pretty much, anything small can go in it.  :)

I wasn't sure if I liked the card in the off-white colors, so I re-made the projects using white cardstock.  Usually I'm not a big fan of the vanilla, but this time I do like it better than the white. 

I used the stamp set, Peace this Christmas and got my ideas on Pinterest from Jennifer Frost.

Which do you prefer, the card and ornament made with the vanilla or do you like it in the white?

No comments:

Post a Comment