Friday, October 21, 2016

Taking a Stroll Down Candy Cane Lane

This week I offered a stamping class featuring fun designer paper named Candy Cane Lane.  Doesn't the name of the paper just get you in the mood for making some holiday projects?  It features Chocolate Chip (dark brown), Crumb Cake (tan) and Cherry Cobbler red paper.  I had so much fun using these three colors and coming up with the cards and this cute little box.

The box is make using the Baker 's Box thinlits.  It went together very quickly and easily (no matter what the ladies who come to my class say!).   I decorated it with a house cut out from the paper and some stamped designs that I also cut out and added.  Although you can't see it in the photo, I added some Wink of Stella glitter to the snow on the top of the houses on all of the projects.

This card is a dimensional shaker card.  It has two layers on the front with a window and some "snow" inside that you can shake around the little house.  The house is a cut out from the designer paper.  I didn't have a square cut out framelit, so I used this shape that came from the pillow box thinlet set.  I actually think that I like this better because the shape adds some interest to the card.

This next card is pretty simple to make.  I embossed the white paper using the Softly Falling embossing folder.  This adds just a simple design to the background that then added some cut outs from the designer paper.  I copied the idea from Sandy Moll on Pinterest.  Okay, all of the ladies in my class grumbled about cutting out the pieces, but don't they look cute on this card?  After the card was assembled, they all liked how it turned out.  :)

My favorite card of the night was this cute card turning the little gingerbread house into a birdhouse!  I got the idea on Pinterest from Amanda Bates .  I love how she added some birds from the Thoughtful Branches stamp set.  I think that makes it so much cuter!

Which one of the projects do you like the best?  Majority vote from the class was for the shaker card.  But I am voting for the birdhouse card.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment