Friday, December 30, 2016

Stockings are Hung by the Fire

This year I found so many stamp sets and items in the Stampin Up holiday catalog that I wanted!  It was hard to narrow my wish list down to just a few.  I try to buy sets that I can use for more than one season or project.  One of the sets that I chose to get was Santa's Sleigh and the framelits that match it.

 I saw a couple of ideas on Pinterest and just love the cut-out deer and trees.  Doesn't he look so regal next to the trees out in the moonlight?  I love the blue palate; it creates such a serene look to this card. I got the ideas for these cards from Julie Davison.   I will definitely use this set again!

 Santa's sleigh is all decked out and ready for Christmas!  I love the heart embossing on the card to frame in the sleigh.  The sleigh is cut out with a framelit and comes out so nicely.  I trimmed the gifts and the bows by hand to get closer to the images.

And lastly, the house is all decorated for the big day with the tree trimmed, present(s) wrapped, wreath put up and the stockings hung by the fire, with care, of course.  I used the window cut-out and cropped it to make it square shaped and look like a fireplace.  Doesn't the brick embossing in the background look like a wall? 

I had so much fun making these cards.  When I get some free time (hah!), I would like to make some more projects like these!

Which one is your favorite?  What have you done with this set?


No comments:

Post a Comment