Friday, December 30, 2016

Sewing Up Some Aprons for Holiday Cooking

Every year I like to make some of the gifts for my friends and family.  The problem is: there's never enough time to get it all done!  And I'm one of those girls who doesn't like to work on Christmas during the summer or fall.

Anyway, this year I found a cute pattern in one of my Debbie Mumm quilt books for this apron.  It does have ties in the back, but you just can't see them in the photos.  It's totally lined on the back, which makes it reversible.  It's like getting 2 aprons in one!

My favorite is this pretty red apron with the deer.  I decorated my home in a woodland theme for Christmas this year, so when I saw the deer fabric, I went right for it!  I love it paired with the red polka dotted trim!  Do I get to keep it for myself?  Nope.  It goes to one of my crafty friends.  :)

Next up is a cute snowman-patterned apron using the same polka dotted fabric as the contrasting pieces. 

 I love how it's not just red and Christmas green, but a pretty soft sage.  Don't you?

And how could I resist this cute Christmas Pig fabric?  When I saw this in the fabric store, I knew right away who I wanted to give it to!  The little piggies are all decked out for the holidays and ready for baking pumpkin pies!

So cute, right?

This last apron I made for one of my friends whose birthday is the day after Christmas.  I purposely didn't use Christmas fabrics for her! Don't you just love the colorful tea cups on this?  I even cut out a couple of them to embellish the pockets. 

These aprons were a lot of fun to make.  I have some pretty fabrics in my stash that would work well for this pattern.  Maybe I'll get to them in the new year...

No comments:

Post a Comment