Sunday, May 20, 2018

Love What You Do (Part 2)

The month before the new Stampin Up catalog comes out, SU picks a stamp set and matching designer papers along with the embellishments that go with it and allows customers to purchase it as a sort of "Preview" of what is to come in the new catalog.

This year, they have featured a set called Love What You Do.  I has such nice sayings in it and the paper to coordinate with it is SO beautiful.  This photo doesn't do it justice at all.  The papers are a bit thicker than normal and they have a glittery sheen on them that highlights the flowers.  I can't get enough of it.  

Here is a sampling of the cards that I made using it this week.  Sorry I didn't take individual pics.  I found some of the ideas to make these cards from Facebook from Michele Jutrisa and Laura Milligan.   

In order to get the Statement of My Heart stamp, which I really needed (okay, wanted), I had to order a bunch of other supplies and it came with the set for free.  You won't be able to purchase the stamp so the only way to get it was to order the bundle.  So essentially I had to pay $127 for this stamp!  But I wanted to make something for my craft room with our Statement of the Heart on it.

I made this cute framed project with a frame that I picked up from Michaels for $1.  It was my turn to host the demonstrator meeting that I belong to - The Upstate Stampers - a wonderful group of fellow demonstrator ladies in my area.  We get together once a month, rotating homes, and make a couple of projects, share ideas, talk and stamp.  

I knew that the other demonstrators would want the Statement of the Heart for their craft rooms, too, so I made this as the stamping project.  I painted the frames with craft paint and prepared the cut outs for them.  All in all, about 14 ladies made the project with me today.  I think they all loved it as much as me.  So it was worth it, right?  

I didn't get a photo of the ladies while they were all here, but here is one of my tables set up to make the craft.  What a lovely afternoon that we had crafting together.  I'm looking forward to our meeting next month.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment