Monday, June 18, 2018

Baby Blanket & Accessories

A few weeks ago I bought a new desk for my sewing room.  The old one was very narrow and didn't fit my sewing machine very well.  So now that I have a nice place to sew I have been in my sewing room working on things and actually finishing up some projects!  I know, don't faint.  Sooner or later I do finish things.  Mostly the later.

One of our family friends had a baby last week and I made this cute little quilt for her.  I started it about a month ago and didn't finish it in time for her shower, but I feel good that the baby is only a week old and I have the gift done! 

I had all of the fabrics in my stash.  I used the girl with the fox image on the fabric as the focal point and worked in some cutesy colors to coordinate with her. 

The pattern was pretty simple and it went together in just a couple of days.  I would definitely make this pattern again. 

And then in my spare time (!) I made some matching bibs with terry cloth on the back.

I found a pattern for some little shoes and decided to try it out.  They came out cute, but I think they took as long as the quilt did to make!  They were very tiny and I had a hard time fitting them und3er my sewing machine.  Mostly I had to sew them by hand.  They may be the first and the last pair that I make -ha ha. 

Here are the bibs with the shoes.

And here is the entire gift.  I hope she likes it! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jackie. Great job. I always love your baby stuff. Busy making a baby gift for this weekend myself.

    ReplyDelete