Saturday, September 8, 2018

Farmhouse/Woodsy Look



This week I was playing around with my wooden 6x6" papers and came up with some "woodsy-look" cards.  The first used the Colorful Seasons set to compliment the wood look.  I love the brown cut-out twig and the leaves.   I also used the Basket Weave embossing folder on the accent piece.  Happiest birthdays is from Picture Perfect Birthday.  It fits so well in the stitched circle frame.

Here are 2 more cards with the same layout.  This time I eliminated most of the pink flowers and added a pine cone cut out.  Now they have a more masculine/fall look to them. 

For this card I used the Jars of Love and added some green springs from the Pretty Pines thinlits.  I bought these cut outs just for the sprigs!  They can be used for cards that don't have a specific holiday look to them or they can work themselves into the Christmas card stack.  Idea is from Narelle Farrugia.

Next up is a "fancy fold" card using the Jars of Love set again.  I added some greenery and flowers to the jar.  I got the idea from Mandy Depioggi.

Lastly is a card made using the Dandelion Wishes set.  One card is just copper embossing and the other has a little sponging on it to give it some color.  They both came out nice and I'm sure which one that I even like better than the other.  They can also be used to send to a man friend.  :)

What have you been making using the Wood Textures papers?



No comments:

Post a Comment