Monday, May 13, 2019

I'm Doing It: Quilt #5!


I'm doing it!  I'm finishing my quilts!  This is my 5th quilt so far this year that I have completed.  This week I finished this Pins and Paws quilt for my daughter for her graduation from nursing school.  :)

I started this quilt last fall for her.  She loves the colors teal and coral.  I added some grays in it to give it some contrast.  I got the pattern from the Missouri Star website.  They have nice patterns with video tutorials that make piecing the quilts easy.

Here is a photo of Ginger giving her approval for the quilt.  I quilted around each of the kitties and then added some free motion to other areas of the blocks.  The kitties have hearts on them, there's a flower in the white space and some ocean wave swirls in the border. 

It's hard to tell in the photo, but I love how the quilting came out.  I don't think my daughter has seem me working on this quilt, so it will be a surprise to her.  I hope she likes it!

If she doesn't, I know someone who does.  Me!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment