Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Quilt #4: The Pretty Quilt

I have finished Quilt #4 from my UFO (Unfinished Object) pile!  About 8 years ago, I bought some pretty fabrics that were a line called Garden Song from Nancy Halvorsen.  I thought the colors were so pretty.  I showed them to my quilting friend, Carol, and she said that she had made a quilt top using the same fabrics, only she didn't like how it came out.

I asked if I could see it and she said that I could have it if I wanted it.  She had browns in the center where the blue is now and the pretty fabrics just didn't show up very nicely.  Anyway, I took the quilt home and looked at it, wondering what I could do with it to make it better.

It sat in the UFO pile for many years.  Then finally one day, I took it out and came up with a plan.  I cut out the center rows of the quilt and discarded them.  When I sewed the remaining rows back together, the pretty blues were in the center and the other colors seemed to just shine.

I put a border on it and finished it up last month!  I quilted some free-style flowers on it and now I just love how it turned out.  It's pretty, bright and makes me happy.  :)

It's hard to tell in the photo, but perhaps you can see some of the flowers quilted in the blocks.  Now it's one of my favorite quilts. 

Here's a pic of my little kitty coming to snuggle while I was sewing on the border.  She did not want to miss out on getting this quilt finally finished!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment