Saturday, January 16, 2021

Snowflake Splendor Cards and Hot Cocoa Set


Winter here is upstate NY is pretty much in full swing.  January is a long, cold, dark month.  So I decided to come up with some projects to celebrate winter.  My first craft is this Hot Cocoa carrier filled with a hot cup ready for your cocoa night!  There's a little bag of marshmallows and a hot cocoa mix in the decorated bag.  

I wanted to make this because I bought this stamp set for the saying, "You're the marshmallows to my cocoa."  I figured now is a good time to take it out and actually use it!  

Because the designer papers have some purple in them, I added Highland Heather cardstock to the projects to coordinate with the Misty Moonlight blue.  I think there are many things to use the coffee carriers for and this is just one idea.  In the future, I hope to use them again for something else.

I made this card using the Snowflake Wishes stamp set and Snowflake Splendor papers.  It's much sparklier in person and gives a nice greeting for these winter days.  I got the idea from Bonnie O'Neill on Pinterest.

The next card has a lovely snowflake cut out in it.  Simple, yet nice for the winter season.  This card idea is from Sherri Chapman Blessing.

Here's a pic of the whole set.  I have to say that I like the "wintery" look.  Is it snowy and cold where you live?  Do you make cards to celebrate winter?


No comments:

Post a Comment